Hello,

I need to upgrade the 6 year old mobo (and consequently the CPU) in my media center PC so I can add a modern graphics card for doing some Steam big picture gaming on the couch. What I have is a Windows 7 PC running Windows Media Center with a Clarkdale i3-530 on an H57 mobo, and I have no real reason to upgrade to Windows 8 and won't upgrade to Windows 10 since I would lose WMC. I also have a 3.5 year old desktop running Windows 10 with an Ivy Bridge i5-3570K on a Z77 mobo. So I'm planning on injecting a new mobo+CPU into this mix and I figure the 3.5 year old mobo+CPU will have better Windows 7 support, so I'm thinking my best option is to move the Ivy Bridge/Z77 setup into the media center and buy something new for the desktop. My main question is will it be possible to do these hardware upgrades while leaving the HDDs/SSDs in place and not reinstalling Windows on either machine? Is there a process that I should follow where I would uninstall all the old mobo- and CPU-related drivers before doing the hardware swap, then install all the new drivers after the hardware swap? Or can I just leave all the existing drivers installed then install the new drivers over the top? Am I creating more trouble for myself by attempting this?

Please help

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:
https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic … ;t=1307223
Teaser video agency

Thank you